cloverleaf n : an interchange that does not require left-hand turns [also: cloverleaves (pl)]
Noun(see individual senses for plurals)
- (with plural cloverleaves) the leaf of a clover plant
- In the context of "US": (with plural cloverleafs or cloverleaves) A cloverleaf interchange.
- To turn by following a cloverleaf, or as if by following one.
- 2003, David Maraniss, They Marched Into Sunlight: War and
Peace, Vietnam and America, October 1967,
- Hay told a military historian that Allen precipitated “the debacle” by “allowing his lead company to pursue the VC down the trail” instead of forming a perimeter and cloverleafing at the first sign of the enemy.
- 2003, David Maraniss, They Marched Into Sunlight: War and Peace, Vietnam and America, October 1967,
Cloverleaf or clover leaf may refer to:
- The leaf of a clover plant or its rare mutation, the four-leaf clover.
- School district in southern Medina County, Ohio Cloverleaf Local School District
- The city of Cloverleaf, Texas.
- A highway cloverleaf interchange.
- The Toledo, St. Louis and Western Railroad (commonly called the Clover Leaf).
- A reference term for Alfa Romeo vehicles.
- A representation of the chemical structure of a transfer RNA molecule.
- Cloverleaf Project, alleged U.S. project involving chemtrails.
- A type of powercord connector C5 line socket
- The German 71st Infantry Division, nicknamed the Cloverleaf Division
- A fictional company in the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit?